Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Light + Entertainment Industry

Hm... an entry filled with words... but hope it blesses you.


What Light Does




Just returned from washing the dishes after dinner... it's like 7.30pm, and the sun was already setting, yeah... depending on where you are, you might wonder, does the sun go down so late/early? Hm... that's how it is in Singapore all year round.

So it was pretty dark as I was doing the dishes..... couldn't see where the oil stains were and where I was brushing detergent over. Mum came by and I asked, "Ma, can you turn on the lights for me?"

Ah... nice, clear and bright. Now I know what I'm doing!

Yeah, it kinda reminded me of how we do things sometimes. The world that operates in darkness tries means to clear themselves of sin by doing good, and trying to fix their situations by working things out without light.

How can we do anything GOOD if we're surrounded by darkness? Unless we have some... LIGHT?

Light makes our vision clear. Helps a lot if we would just be in the light. Fixing broken things can be difficult enough. Don't make it tougher by fixing it in the dark.

But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said:  "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."
- Eph 5:13-14

Jesus is the Great Light that will illuminate our paths and fix our mess. Look to Him now...!

Darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in fact simply the absence of light. 
- Albert Einstein


Entertainment Industry

In sequel to my entries regarding Xiao Zhu, I mentioned against judging him, but instead, to pray for him. And as I chanced upon Jaeson Ma's site, something jumped up in my face that affirmed what I was feeling.

I don't know many Asian artistes. Neither do I know many Hollywood artistes. But whoever I know, I do wanna pray for them. And I do see the hope of the Media and Entertainment Industry moving in the Supernatural - touching and healing lives.

Picture taken from Jma's website

I'm very blessed inwardly by the work God has called Jaeson to do and I believe that those who are called in this area can join in to pray over his ministry. I've been following his blog recently and I'd just like to share a couple of what affirmed and encouraged me to take hold of what the Lord has placed in my heart.

In the words of Jaeson Ma:

Judge Not or You will be Judge
I wrote this East Week article a few months back … in light of Tiger Woods, we need to pray for those who are exposed in sin and darkness, love them and not judge them. We all can stumble, but it’s God’s grace that brings us back to life. Pray for those who fall to find grace and truth in Jesus Christ!


Righteous Role Models, not Celebrities

I always tell the celebrities and artists I work with to remember what Mother Teresa once said, “You are not called to be successful you are called to be faithful to God.” I challenge them to think about their choices, their actions and how the messages they convey will directly effect future generations. I cause them to realize that whether they like it or not, they are ROLE MODELS to society. The question is whether or not they will use their influence for selfish gain or for selfless causes?

Prophetic Word on God's Movement in Media and Entertainment

There I released a prophetic dream and word on what God is currently doing in media and entertainment. For those of you who are called to this mission field you must listen to this word given. For those of you who pray, you must watch this word to understand the importance of praying for God’s transformative power to change media from the inside out. As someone once said, “Whoever controls the media, controls the minds of a generation” it is time to influence this culture shaper with God’s creativity, with that which is truly good, true and beautiful.

.
.
.

The video was extremely long. I mean it still is.. lol. The video also talks about what God has been doing in the lives of Edison Chen and Bro Vanness.. and many other artistes. God is GOOD!

Took me a long time to finish watching it. But I am greatly blessed by the video, the prophetic words, the prophetic dream and the teaching he gave. I strongly encourage everyone who has a burden for the media industry to spend some time to watch the clip till the end, because good things at the back are worth waiting for!

I was also reminded of a decision I made last year to give up writing a story I spent years writing - When South Meets West. Back then, I remembered writing in an entry last year:

"Am I sad? I was.... I mean like..who wouldn't be. 3 years of my hard work... I cry at the thought of it. I hestitated at the action to accomplish the decision. But God's promises are all YES and AMEN. And His promises won't let go of me. Three years will be nothing when I look down maybe some what more than 3 years... 5 or 10 years later, and looking back... that fruit, will be a much greater blessing. Not only to me... but to God, His people and even the people around the world." Click here to read more...

Yeah.. I was reminded in the clip when Jaeson mentioned about the need to go through preparation - not man's ways, but God's ways. God has His way of preparing us... and lots of prayer and intimacy with God is what we should first seek!

"If you are not well equipped and with God, Hollywood will eat you up!"

I'm still seeking and finding my calling... and I believe God will reveal it to me as I remain faithful to what He's called me to do, and what He's given me. Faithfulness is something I gotta learn and practice. Not just learn, but practice.

I'm holdin' on to those prophecies made about me and waiting to see the fruits.



So... my luggage is kind of packed and done... a little more than 1 day in Singapore and I'mma be on the plane back to Brisbane. Mixed feelings... but I'm good, cuz I know God's got me covered!

No comments: