Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Conference Galore

Last weekend I was in Melbourne for the ASSCR Conference. Many international scientists came and talked about the progression of research and science in the world... and it was great. At one point, there was a huge debat on how Asia is currently leading research, such as, Singapore, Japan and Korea.

Coming back to Brisbane, there was our Legacy Conference... another wonderful weekend I had. I thought I was having post-conference withdrawal symptoms.. It was awesome, Legacy. I've still got heaps of recorded sermons to catch up on... Well, God's been great.

And then just yesterday and today, I was at another conference - Australian Lab Managers Conference at Southbank. It was humbling to be the youngest kid on the block, sitting in a conference packed with lab managers and many experienced professionals in this field. If this was not God's favour, what is? Was good to hear more about Occupational Health and Safety and its new legislations that were going to be put in place.. And somewhere along the way... they praised the Singapore, China, Taiwan and Korean education system - mainly Mathematics and Science. Hmm...

Pondering
Made me wonder a lot after watching the 1040 Movie, about God's work in Asia, and its purpose in being a nation to fulfil the Great Commission. Whao. I haven't really understood God's intent for me in the Science field, and have always questioned why I always felt God tell me to stay in my industry... but maybe the tip of the iceberg has begun to show itself.

Right now

Am feeling kinda sick right now. Throat was itchy yesterday....
Now I'm a little feverish... slight sore throat... and pulses of coughing contractions are making their way to eruption.

Before I go to bed... Praise God, My Encourager!

God's a great encourager. Been feeling quite discourage for about two weeks, but before and during Legacy, God's been encouraging me to take heart, and to drop disappointments and discouragement. I picked up, and let go, picked up and let go. Through Atieno, Evelyn, Kuzi and Yvonne... thanks girls, God's just kept bringing them to shower encouragement upon my spirit.

I'm so encouraged right now... and know God is one who affirms and pursues.

And for the rest of me, He gave me this as a reminder. :)


I watched Coffey grow from 'Trading my Sorrows' to 'All Ye'... and till today, I'm blown away. Please see his testimony:


In my entry on "Going Gear 5 With God", I wrote:

6th May, my Facebook status says: "Faithfulness is the KEY to unlock the doors God has promised He'll lead you to. =) Revelation!"

Faithfulness to God... not just God's goal. :)

Goodnight~ Let me rest up so sickness can't overtake.

No comments: