Thursday, December 31, 2009

Round up of 2009

I thought I'd be nice and write a short entry about 2009 as it walks its way into an end. Recovering 2009 will be ever so impossible... Of course, there are so many things that can be done, but one thing that is ever so impossible, is the winding back of time. Cuz we all know we ain't gon get no time machine to turn us back in time... Even if we did, I don't think I'd like to go back!

So I'm back in Singapore after a four day trip to Muar and KL in Malaysia. Had great food (yes food..) and time spent with mum and dad, relatives and friends... especially those who have gone back to KL for good... Ee Tien and Elane... and also Venurs the Kwayti but heard she's considering come back to Brisbane... KWAYTI!

I think year 2009 has been quite a grueling year, as many would agree. Heaps of obstacles, trials and tests... difficulties and stretching... yet breakthroughs and overcoming too!

As I've lost my voice, acquired a headache and fever (due to my excessive travelling and eating in M'sia), I've decided that I'd give a quick summary of 2009 and post up some nice photos... iight? I try my best. Haha..

Humility is one thing that I've learnt through 2009. God has been taking me through humbling experiences and situations, placing with people whom sharpened me by rubbing against my pride sometimes... also having wonderful people who wouldn't hestitate to tell me more about myself when I was ready to listen... I think humility is an essential value... difficult to learn, difficult to take it. It's gonna always be something we gotta remind ourselves constantly... but I believe, as we seek to remain in God's ways... His Holy Spirit will guide and transform us! :) GO POTTER!! =)

Trusting in and remaining faithful to God are some other things that showed up in my walk this year. Of course, needless to over elaborate, y'all can go back and see this entry to know more about the santification process that God had taken me through.

I've also grown to realise the importance of Jesus and what He did on the cross as a major motivation for my walk in Him.. and to realised that it is only by HIS GRACE that we are saved. God has allowed me to see a big picture of His Grace during the last few months I was in Brisbane before I came home for a holiday. And even as I'm back here, God has taken me to different churches in Singapore, and I can really see the Spirit at work, not only in my life and Hope Brisbane, but in the other churches all over! I went to three churches of different denominations, yet, they all carried the love of Jesus and spoke the same message into my heart when I was there.




God is good! And I really see the unity of the churches all. I so strongly believe that was what Jesus intended! His Church united as one, by His Spirit. The Holy Spirit is at work in the church today!

God has also risen me up in ministry and serving in life group, as I grew in praise and worship and just mentoring the younger ones. It was also a humbling experience and learning to depend on His Spirit!

Thank God also... for the wonderful works He's done through Project Passion/WAM afternoon dance team!

Lastly, I'm so thankful to God for the opportunity to share about Jesus to so so so so so many ones in my trip back here, both in Singapore and Malaysia... The world needs to know Jesus, not because we want them to change their faith, but because Jesus is GOOD and LOVING!

As I was back in Muar, I managed to share with my 3rd aunt about Jesus and about the love He has for her! And that Jesus will heal her! I'm so glad I had the chance to share with her and she was so opened and even accepted some gospel tracts and a book on Jesus! My other aunts and uncles were also opened to talk about church and faith... my grandma said it was good to go to church... my aunt told me to bring my cousin to church.... and... just the softening of the ground you know! God is good and always answering our prayers!!! Continue to pray!!!

Seed a prayer for my family will ya? Hee... thanks!!! =)

So as the year winds, I know we're suppose to plan for the next. Without vision, people perish!

Yeah.. I think last year I set only ONE - to be led more by the Spirit.

I believe this has already been a heart cry within. Who doesn't wanna be led by the Spirit?

I so believe that in the coming year, God will continue to show me more on being led by His Spirit... I also want to be able to grow in discernment, deeper understanding of His word, more intimate prayer life... and to be able to just have a heart for the people God cares for.

As much as I intended for a short entry, it doesn't seem very short after all... oops, I always do that!

Anyway... photos!

 
Iight.. that's my new hair I talked about... funny la..

 
Dinner with my family in Muar on 1st night
 
Met up with Hope Brisbanites in KL on the 2nd night

 
Breakfast @ Subang Asia Cafe KL on 3rd Day
 
Dinner on the 3rd night with more relatives... but couldn't catch a photo... so let me just show you my favoutire LALA that's almost gone extinct!

Yesh... have a great embrace of the last bits of 2009.. and see y'all in 2010!!

No comments: