Saturday, June 11, 2011

Underage Short Film

I sometimes wallow in self-pity and over-magnify my own minute state of life... yet forgetting my security is found in Christ. And in times like this... God does bring me gentle reminders. And at the same time, encourage me through His faithfulness, that I have a friend like Him. This season hasn't been most easy, neither has it been too difficult. But all things work for God and He uses all things.

I've been sick at home for the past 3 days... hasn't been an easy 3 days as well. See.. I had to be near a toilet all the time. Haha... But I thank God for rest, and even friends who rang up and drove me to the clinic.It's been a good time for me to reflect on my life as well.. hard not to, when I'm facing four walls in my room daily. And to let God search my heart..

At the same time, I've seen some amazing but heart wrenching short films (some on my facebook now cuz I can't link it here)... The world needs to see more of these films... it is the truth... why are we magnifying celebrity gossip news, or news about things that people just sit back and go, "oh, that again? ah, that's stupid." But things that happens daily in the world that nobody really sees... and when we screen them on TV, people go "so sad... but they just do this to ask us to donate".




I don't know about you but these films don't just make me want to donate, but make me want to be OUT THERE, fulfilling a purpose greater than myself. Living a life more than just for myself. I'm not noble and true I can't step out this day... but film and media - that's the avenue I have at the moment... I want the world to see it. And see it, so there hearts will say, "Here I am Lord, send me." This work cannot be done alone. The body of Christ needs to unite and do it together, each fulfilling their role.

No comments: