Friday, December 10, 2010

Greetings from Singapore

So me I'm sitting at my dining table with my laptop before me, yes, that's why I'm blogging.

My short holiday in Singapore is coming to an end. Seemed like I did quite a bit, but also, not a lot. I guess food is always on the agenda, so I had my fill. Two more days, so I believe I'll be fully stuffed by the end of the trip.

Got quite a bit of photos, but am so lazy to upload them right now.

Trip to Muar, Malaysia

Spent 3 days 2 nights in Muar with my family. It was good to be in Muar. Also, it was bitter sweet. Heart warming, and heart breaking. Seeing almost everyone coming back together for Grandma's birthday was great... on the other hand, seeing 3rd aunt and her condition getting worse was heart breaking. It was only less than a year since I last saw her, but she now can't talk nor walk properly. God's heart was breaking for them, seeing the family in this state. And 2nd aunt was also struggling to pull the family together with her own strength. On the other hand, my paternal uncle was also going through some health problems.

There is so much going on and I'm actually humbled to be able to see and appreciate them more than I used to. In the past, going back to Malaysia was just for fun, family and food. But now, there is a deeper meaning. I see a need for God in almost every situation, and every heart there. In the past, the tiniest strife would always seem like a character flaw and cause unhappiness, and fear in the hearts of many around. But as I was there this time round, I just kept feeling God's heart for them, not as a whole, but for every individual. God's heart for uncle, for aunt, for grandma, for her, for him, for the children, for everyone. In my heart, there grew even deeper a holy discontentment.. There would have been so much more joy in the family, if Jesus was present.

I'm praying they come to know God's love and providence in the family... please pray with me, that God will strengthen the weak in my extended family, and pour forth all His Love in their hearts, and comfort them in their own personal lives, every single one of them. Salvation will come to my family, I pray and believe. God's love, joy, peace and grace will overflow in our lives, to their lives, and to those around.

Meeting with buddies

Met Eliza and Eleen at Dempsey.. had a crazy, but refreshing time chilling over exquisite food, talking about our lives, and what God's laid in our hearts this whole year.

Then the next day, Eliza came over to my place. Cooked Mee Hoon Kway for her... haha, her special request, so I made it. Then we watched the 1040 Movie, powerful. And then we went for cake at Raffles City, and then met Andrea for Starbucks coffee till late at night that day. Lots of crazy laughter, and we even got to write our 2011 wishes on a floating ball and got it thrown into the Singapore River! Cool~~! Photos to come.

Next day, we attended Dage and Dasao's wedding lunch reception @ Goodwood Park Hotel. Was a very great reception they had... and through the videos they played (testimony + wedding video), many ones were touched and encouraged.

On Tuesday, spent a great deal of time at Orchard Road, and then met the wushu gang for dinner and dessert after that. Had a great time catching up and doing the crazy stuff (as usual)! Hm.. not photos to come... but VIDEOS to come!

Wednesday night... spent a great time chilling at dage's house, with Dasao and Eliza... and Auntie! Hahaha... so refreshing the talks we had... laughing non stop... and also some deep nice talks... and a powerful 1040 movie screening. :)

Today!

Whao.... went to Vivo to get some of my computer gadgets.... then walked around did some unintentional shopping... And then walk walk walk... someone sprung up on me... mam~~!!! Hahaha... oh, I should have said, 'da sao'~~!!! Hahaha... so funny la... so much of a coincidence as well! Hahaha...

So well, lots more, I guess photos will paint my thousand words in due time.

I'm gonna do a eye mask with my sis now, and then enjoy a nice sleep... I hope I'll enjoy.

These nights, I lay on my bed, and wonder and keep praying. I see the foundations laid.. the extreme holy discontentment... the misconceptions and misunderstandings towards God and His Church... and things people do. I pray everyone will see through Jesus's eyes of Grace in all situations..

God's work in my life in 2010 really helped me to appreciate and understand Grace. And to understand and learn Love.... and also Hope in God, and in the people of God... and even in people without God... or in people who are in God, but have swayed.

Our ministry and walk requires Grace. Grace... can't be taught. Grace can only be experience.

I'm logging off now.

Have a great evening, and coming weekend!

No comments: