Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas around the Corner

With my travels of late, I've been meeting many people. It's interesting to see how diverse the ways many ones perceive Christmas. To many, it's a festive season for giving, to a few, it's indulging, and to some, a responsibility. To us Christians, Christmas reminds us of the birth of Jesus Christ, who came to bring hope, love and salvation to the world. Without the birth of Jesus, the world would not have known Christmas.

May many ones find hope, faith and love this Christmas. And may many one come to know the true purpose of Christmas - and to find God in their lives.

I've just touched down in Brisbane after my short weekend in Melbourne. Spent some good time with my colleagues at the ASCC Christmas Party, probably the last time for us to see one another before the company winds up. I joined my parents at Melbourne City after that, and had an awesome weekend with them, touring the city, and QV markets... and also just chilling and relaxing in the wonderful apartment we were staying at, with tea, wine, coffee, fresh fruits... etc!

Mum and Dad will be joining me in a few day, so it's great!

I know God is doing something this season. It's December and many are winding down, or summing up the year. But for me, summing up the year had painted a beginning for 2011, and the years to come. God's been so great at speaking, I can't deny He still speaks to His people! Whoever said God doesn't speak to us, that's so not true.

And as God beautifully painted my 2010, He did the same for many ones. The testimonies of people around me, and people I've been following in the media industry, has just been overwhelming. God's speaking to the generation He is calling, and His Spirit is at work, not just in my life and those around me, but also in the people all over the world. And because media has been used by God, we are able to praise God and glorify Him, as we noticed the same revelations and breakthroughs in the lives of totally unrelated people.

The Spirit of God! :)

Well, I'm off to bed! Have a great journey towards Christmas... that's JUST around the Corner. May your Christmas be filled with meaning and Grace.

No comments: