Sunday, April 6, 2008

In Need of Comfort

The emptiness and depression sinks in as I found myself grasping hold upon something that the Lord has decided to take away. It's been years since I felt like that, but Lord you've returned this feeling. It is something good, for God has taught me to treasure and appreciate... and also to not take things and people for granted. Lord, thank you for the lesson... But now I really need your comfort... for my tears have run dry, yet my soul cries out for you...


O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.


You hem me in - behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God. How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, Iam still with you.



-- Psalm 139:1-18 --


Yes Lord, you are the only one who understands how I feel Lord.

In these days where my soul groans and cries... Lord, you are my comfort. No words can explain how sad I am, but Lord please make things better for me.

It hurts... it really hurts.

Tears have fallen so much, yet the hurt doesn't ease... Lord, take this feeling away please.

Lord your name
Is higher than the heavens
Lord your name
Is higher than all created things
Higher than hopes
Higher than dreams

...

Yes Lord, your name is higher than all other things... all created things. Help me even grow in this faith O Lord... Take the pain away..

Lord you taught me what love is....
This day O Lord, take all you want for your kingdom.

Between you and me, many promises, just you and me.

Comfort me this day, O Holy Spirit.

The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them. (Ps 145.18-19)

Yes Lord, hear my cry...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Prov 3.5-6)

May your plans and will be done... Break my heart for what breaks yours.

This day no man can understand or know what I am going through but you Lord. But in this suffering I rejoice, for you are taking me to somewhere new and closer to you. In this suffering you are moulding me... through this you are shaping me. Deep in my heart beyond the pain, is the yearning for your works in my life, the heartbeat to know your heart and the desire to love you more.

Lord, take me somewhere with you. For in your will I wanna be, for in your hands I will choose to be. This day, comfort me once again Lord...

Writing this clarifies the thoughts in my mind.... I hope it speaks to any of my readers too.
May you always look to the Lord for comfort, and place your eyes upon Him at all times. For the Lord our God is our provider and our comforter in all times.
Does not He who created the earth give you the solutions to all your problems?
Does not He who allowed suffering in your situation help you if you seek Him?

But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "The Lord be exalted!" Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay. - Psalm 40:16-17

Yes Lord God, do not delay... comfort me and light up my path...

But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul. - Deut 4:12

Thank you Jesus.

Praying hard for many things... and many people.

No comments: