Monday, March 12, 2012

Investment

I shun Mathematics, and numbers... gives me a headache, but here I am today, talking about Investment?! Um... finance? Must be for a good reason.
Especially when you understand that 'investment' is not always about $$$.
Three months have found its way fleeting past my life. Year 2012, was it?
For some reason, I still find it really hard to write the date in '2012' when I sign documents or write dates for experiments, unconsciously still filling out the blanks with the '11' instead.
Recently I'm caught up in a whirlpool of thoughts. Right, with a recent discussion with my good o'housemate and another friend in my cosy but messy housemate infested living room, we drew the conclusion that melancholics pretty much drown in thoughts throughout their lifetime. So, that kept me from writing for awhile... no, I'm just kidding.
Apart from the Jeremy Lin hoo-haa that happened close to a month back, what else was happening in my life? Well, the Knicks hasn't been fairing very well lately, I wonder why? But that doesn't change the fact that God has brought Jeremy to such a place of prominence in his life and social circle, or maybe the media, and I  still believe that Jesus will continue to make Himself known in the courts of NBA, and other social circles.
Putting that aside, I've been bogged down by the fiery start to the year. Meetings.
Meetings to spearhead what this year would entail. Very essential - without vision people perish! 
"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keeps the law, happy is he." - Prov 29:18 (KJV)
So, apart from meetings, I've been drowning in work and experiments lately, training up a new PhD student and getting many more experiments to work on. I've never been this busy at work before in my entire three years of working, but for some reason, I'm enjoying every moment of this, and feeling really blessed about it. It's like I'm finally doing something! Haha... Well, in my life after the office, I've been putting some effort at the gym, and also keeping in touch, growing deeper in relationships around me, also giving my body some rest it deserves... letting inspiration flow and getting more filming and post productions completed. A fulfilling but pretty exhausting season for now! A lot more that I'm packed with, but I shan't go further with this list... it'll bore you.

So, investment is my entry title. Let's talk, finance. In life I compare myself against two classes of people and I find myself in between. I'm not extremely rich, I'm not extremely poor. I'm average. And truth is, you find many average people around me who are in the same life stages as I am. Many times we sit at dinner tables or coffee circles and the talk about 'investment' comes up. Looking around me, almost all my friends have a car, or a house... or are thinking of buying one (either, or, both). It's hard not to feel the pressures of the world hard on every side, when you know that around the dinner table, 'MONEY' is not what all they talk about. You might or might not know what I'm driving at.

But this day, I once again returned to the voice of the Holy Spirit within me. I do have this little, yet God, why do I feel compelled to give more? Tugged at my heart, I hear the Holy Spirit's gentle still voice. He didn't need to say anything - I knew His heart.

I looked at my possessions, and my heart desires. I looked at my clock, my calendar, my time. Which of these are not a blessing from God? Yet this season, His tug at me happens again to invest... to invest. My carnal nature longs to compare myself with others... but God brings me the word "promise".

So... once again I present my God inspired revelation here, keeping it as a gentle reminder to myself and anyone it may speak to.

Inspiration 12 March 2012:
Keys to true wealth in life that I've discovered, experienced, believed and still constantly working towards:
1. To love God, with all of one's heart, soul and mind.
2. To give up the pleasures in life, to invest in a legacy to be passed on... to put faith into actions, walking the talk.
And in doing this, trust that He will pour back all that you have invested, a good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, and poured into your lap. 
... a faith fueled journey indeed.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

muses of a working adult