Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Jealous

He is jealous for me
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy...

For a moment, these song lyrics resounds in my mind.

Let's suffice to say that it began with a couple of non-spiritual beginnings, which ended up in a deeper realisation of how it feels to know that someone would be jealous for you. The stirring tinge of happiness that follows this realisation hits back home, re-illustrating how one may feel to know his or her special position in the heart of another.

Whao. The jealously of a mere man could evoke such security, comfort or joy in the heart of another?

Shedding some light in this, I came to the understanding of how much God can be jealous for us. And the question I began to ask myself was - how pleased or excited are we at the thought of God being jealous for us?

I'm saying right now, Jesus is jealous for you. Jesus is jealous for me! Does that stir some thing in your heart? Or my heart?

A mirror shines, reflecting the condition of our hearts for Jesus. I'm praying for myself, and for you who are reading this.

May our hearts beat and jump for joy, knowing that Jesus is jealous for us.

"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments."
- Exodus 20:4-6 (NIV)

No comments: