Monday, December 12, 2011

Praising God in the Prophetic

Through my season of "Question & Answers" with God... I've been blessed.
Though I can't see clearly in the mist at times, I know where I'm headed, and learning to trust God with each step.

When I was a young baby Christian, following God was easy. Learning His ways were fresh, and exciting. But finding balance as a Kingdom Warrior, and as a physical citizen of the world, is tough. I used to raise my hands up in the air, and proclaim all that I could do and would do for Jesus.

Somewhere I read once... If we pray to be an eagle, we got to undergo 'eagle training'. Don't pray to be an eagle and choose to live the life of a chicken. Ah.. not easy.

But one thing I know for sure, no matter how tough it gets, I can't let go of Jesus. He's addictive cuz He's good. Talk about drug addicts who may think heroin or smoking trees feel great. I heard my colleague tell me about this Christian she met on the plane last night, a once drug addict, now life turned a 180 degrees because he met God. And now he's helping other drug addicts overcome their addiction, and coming to know God. Whao.

Indeed, Jesus is the best addiction one can have. Haha..

This night I watched a sermon at Mavuno again. Here's my snippet of inspiration I posted on Facebook. Yeah, true enough, it'll get pushed down by newer 'feeds' soon, but what's on my blog is like my journey.

She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, " This time I will praise the Lord." So she named him Judah. Genesis 29:35a
'The Judah moment' - Leah's position of praise was prophetic because it did not speak into the 'now' but into the 'future'. A moment of praise that God would pick up and turn around your world and circumstances. Regardless of the outcome in the physical, the lesson for me is that I can praise God in the prophetic. God turned the story around for the 'rejected' woman, and Jesus is called the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. - Ps Kyama Mugambi
It's a great encouragement for me... Though I may not clearly see what the future holds exactly, I can choose to praise God for He's promised goodness to me. He will never leave nor forsake me. We won't fully understand God's timing and the way He works, but all I know is He works for the good of those who loves Him.


No comments: