Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Another Moment

The Swig

For a moment today, as I was driving home from Toowong after my shopping at Coles, and the car came to a stop at the traffic light outside Sizzlers... I stopped and marvelled at the prior encounter, and the shepherding session prior to that. This was ridiculous. My mind seemed to have become the devil's playground. The devil must have found my mind fun to toy and play with... and seems to be sitting on my swing of emotions, slide of fears, stairs of ambitions....

When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.
- Luke 4:13

Then, I wondered...

Why is it that each time I raise the white flag of surrender, the battle seems to begin? Shouldn't the battle usually stop when the white flag is raised in a war?

Maybe... I raised the flag to God... The God of Victory. That's where I pledged my alliance.
I didn't raise the flag of surrender to slavery. That's why the enemy's army isn't very happy... I guess.
 
And then a revelation in the shower...

But if my God is for me, then who can be against me?

The Army of God... who shall defeat?

With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies.
- Psalms 108:13
My Gratitudes

Many thanks to ShinYee mam and Elysaa for their timely advices today... I'm waiting for a spiritual breakthrough to happen...

I walk by faith... each step by faith!

But godliness with contentment is great gain.
- 1 Timothy 6:6

Need your prayers, so if you drop by... you know you can always shout out to Daddy! :)
 
Really... God, what are you doing?
Each time this happens, I find it funny. But... right now,
In Your Power, command Your protection over me...
'Cause figuring You out is totally impossible....
Silly of me to even have tried.
You're awesome God.

1 comment:

JAN said...

Hey Pei Xuan!

Janice here.

Just wanted to echo the thoughts in your post!

As my church is going into a month of fasting in august, my connect grp was discussing that in this period of fasting, would come heightened sensitivity to the holy spirit but on the other hand, also even more opposition from the evil one. As the more we are on the winning side, the more the devil opposes it so we must always armour ourselves.

And just reading your post today reminded me of this! So..thought I'd share. =D

Have a great day!