Monday, October 5, 2009

Revelation in Journey Unfolding


Hello everyone! It's me again! No.. it's not about ME (in the words of Miss Booms~)..! It's just me here writing again! Hee hee...

Well well... this time I've been 'a little' more regular.

Visited the gym once again after such a long pause due to hectic rehearsals and ministry... but as I jumped on the threadmill today, I was surprised I could still do 4.4kms! And the jog was great because I forgot my ipod... and because I forgot my ipod.. I had a great jog with God... God spoke so much... :)

Just walking and thinking a lot lately... hanging out in my little space, just God and me, plus many random thoughts I had to capture... but after awhile given up capturing them. Instead, I enjoyed the time just thinking through all the things and just analysing them together with God.

It's amazing... and God spoke and moved!

You know, after I blogged on Friday... I'm here again. Some may wonder, what can happen over just these few days? Ya know, ya don't!


Friday was productive in itself. I'm totally amazed by how God spoke to me as I took Him along the journey to life group. Life without a car initially seemed though once again, to have to climb up Carmody Hill... But when I took my first step, the second seemingly became easier. Another step added another and somehow I've returned to my first few times walking to life group with such vigor and excitement in those early days...

Even as I type now, those moments are flowing back from memory bank into the theatre of my mind. Thank God for Facebook (for y'all who got no facebook, what are you waiting for!)

Facebook documented memory - Part 1:


Those days where I first had Praise and Worship in an awesome family - Judah 5.


And the little keyboard that belonged to Vei that just kept the boys amused...


Different ones who were still around and now moved on to different places....
Oh... haven't I changed much..?
(haha)


My 21st birthday - also my 1st birthday as a Child of God...
I'll never forget this day ya know...? In the lovely restaurant of Cybercity, with an awesome bunch of brothers and sisters and my angel big brother who whipped a cake out from nowhere...


Farewell for the 8 'celestial beings' crossing over to Judah 6 from Judah 5...
That was the first time I experience someone from my spiritual family leaving....




Then the first Oceania Convention I attended.... A Contextualised Church.

And a good O bunch of friends - thank God for Robin and Patrick who drove us through the night on a road trip to Byron Bay. And of course for Cintia, our forever awesome navigator.



 My Water Baptism - 1 year and 1 day old Child of God.


And the colourful and lively Judah 5! Once a J5 forever a J5!
.
.
.
And of course, God has His plans... so we moved on... and we grew... and I went to Judah 6...




Check out this awesome family of Judah 6!




Qian Zi doing a 'lion dance' performance together with me.



Daniel organised it with these other few... It was a fun one! We had little Tang Yuans, Mooncake, food and cake. Yum... And cultural explanations and singing by the guys and girls!



And this blessed day that God has made us together - Mid Autum Festival night.
A great J6 Family!

Yeah... God has been great... and that was just yesterday... look at the progress over the past 2 years... photos do tell a lot, don't they? People age!! Aha! But hope you haven't realised that.... :) Well, and people mature and grow...

Reminiscing another part of my walk with God... not only with the friends that God has blessed me with... but how God knew and made me from the start... now that I traced back my steps... long before I knew it, God had already prepared my heart to love performing arts.

And as I browsed through Facebook... I found many photos that amazing depicted and drew a picture of how God has taken the little that I had and taken me thus far... it's amazing...


WAM Christmas Drama in 2007...


 Ooh.. Daddy Wei Hong, Mummy Lucy, Sister Leann and.... the camo jacket baby?
That's baby Shannon....
Once a happy family...



Grew up happily when the kids were still young....



Few years later.... the family was in a mess...
What will happen to the family?

Wish they recorded the drama that year.....!
Anyway, I'll remember the drama - the first time in my life performing a drama in front of such a big crowd.

Then things didn't stop there... God encouraged me to take on... DANCING!

And I brandished my wushu skills for the first time for WAM:

Oceania Convention 2008 - A Contextualise Church

And then...
15th Church Anniversary 2008:

I did Jazz and Contemporary...

Here's the Video...


At times I wanted to give up.... because it took too much time... because the success brought me pride... because it was hard to be humble in the front line...

But God told me to persevere...

It was hard.... God... if performing was going to make me proud... then I won't dance anymore...

God said, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that YOU may have life, and have it to the full."

If pride was the problem, God would have His way of helping me overcome... I didn't have to give up dancing for that...The thief never got to steal after all... because....

The next season of life.... God revealed to me where all this patience and perseverance had taken me.
Joe came along, who discovered my dreams and was actually excited about it! I really thank God for Brother Joe who reignited this hope of mine that was about to die off...


And that's why we named our dance group - Project Passion.

It took some prayer and the blessings of our leaders to start this group.... and God blessed us greatly...

At Project Passion, we believe ALL can dance. For God has created our bodies to move... and dance! A wise lady from MnB dance once said, "You see the little children bopping their bodies according to the beats, that's the core and the evidence that God has created for ALL of us to dance. But the devil came, and stole it away from many ones, with lies of insecurity, low confidence and he gained his power through the media now. We got to claim dance back for God!"

And that's why at Project Passion, we make dance for everyone. For all who wants to dance and we want to reignite the passion and the fire in every single individual who has such a desire.

God is good! All the time.

And I thank God for the skills and gifts.


Multicultural Fiesta 2009

And recently....
Hope Church 16th Anniversary on 3rd Oct 2009:





Opening Ceremony Dance by WAM

And as a highlight of the year for the Afternoon Service, we once again presented the Multicultural Dance, with a little bit of changes.....

Afternoon Service Multicultural Dance

I don't know what to say, apart from saying that God has been great, to me. At times when I doubted, at times when I let pride get the hold of me... at times I let my selfishness reign above God in my life... But God's Grace had it's power to turn the tide over.

God has grown me so much in my journey with Him.... and it will continue to be a journey of trust and faith... it's not going to be easy... but everytime I look back.. I see God's hand in it... moulding this miry clay of mine... into what He has in plan for me.... What HE is going to make me into... and I'm excited! I am!

I love writing it down, and I know I see so much clearer and better when I do blog. Because things make sense whenever I blog and write down the sequence of God's work in my life, to realise that, hey, God had already planned everything from the BEGINNING...

I'm excited to see what God has installed for me for the years to come.

Changes are going to happen and it's inevitable. But whatever changes come, I will place my trust in God for the things to come and know that as long as I'm following Him and walking in His Will for my life... I am walking in safe hands and light. And no one bumps around aimlessly in the light, because we can SEE clearly... and have a clear direction. Even though we don't yet see the finishing line, we know, that God has a great plan for us..... for me, and for you.

Alright.. I can't believe it's 11pm already.. I've been writing for more than an hour now!

So I better go.. and rest up for a great day of work and prayer tomorrow!

Before that... let me share.. more photos!


Thank God... I'm finally able to drive alone!! :) I passed my test on the 1st Oct 2009!

Introducing to you the process of my bear bear's birth....



I shot the hoop at a game booth at EKKA...

 
The ball went in...!!



So I won the best stuff animal in the whole EKKA that I set my eyes upon the moment I saw it!
Way to Go!!!
Thank you Awesome Father God in Heaven!

Alright, Imma head to bed now! Have a blessed week ahead everyone! And thanks for reading my blog! =)
Drop me a note k? Hee... Ta!

God bless,
Shannon

No comments: