Monday, April 2, 2012

A Melancholic Inspired Entry

It is pink. It was pink. It should remain pink. Dimetapp - the awesome drowsy formula for Sinus Pain + Allergy. Each tablet containing 500MG Paracetamol, 5MG Phenylephrine Hydrochloride and 2MG Chlorpheniramine Maleate. And if I'm not wrong, I am seeking the effects of the latter. So, down my oesophagus it will find its way, very soon, I will be in lala land, not really playing chess with Mr Zhou, maybe more of swimming in the ocean... of blue cells.

Wait, am I making sense at all?

A little more to go. I am realising it right now. If I have only one tablet of Dimetapp, then the rules of self-medication in my below-par scientist brain says if you pop another 500MG of Paracetamol and 30MG of pseudoephedrine HCL, it might improve it's effect. Should I trust my brain knowledge? Or... maybe let's see what Wikipedia says.

Phenylephrine - a vasopressor (increases blood pressure). A substitute for pseudoephredrine HCL. Half life is 2.5-3 hours, which means it will run off in the next 3 hours, last me till 1am if I eat it now.

Pesudophredrine HCL, hm... increasingly being pushed off market due to some regulations. Why does Panadol Cold Relief have 30MGs of that though..? So, can I mix the tabs?

I guess I haven't derived at a conclusion, and probably won't. Each minute that passes away makes my flu-stricken brain work slower.

For the sake of lala land and it's anti-histamine properties, I've decided the winner bidder would be Dimetapp. Kudos to Chloropheniramine maleate.

Pop! It's on the slide down the gullet now.

The real entry?

Ok... this entry was pretty redundant and purposeless. Talk about leading a purposeful life. I had one of these days where my nose just wouldn't stop functioning like a leaky tap, and my olfactory nerves won't stop activating the endless array of sneezes.
 
But I made it through, succeeding in two completed PCR runs, a coffee catch up with colleagues, a birthday cake celebration with ex-colleagues, an early off from work to allow my immune system to take over while I napped on my evening sun-ray filled bed, and a lethargic effort in baking my well-known pandan chiffon cake for a birthday tomorrow.

All in all, I think I fared pretty well today.

In this melancholic inspired blog entry, I find myself writing a new song again.

So, I will end with my final poetic heart song riddle and hit the snooze button after.

In surrender she lays it aside
She had a fulfilling weekend with the Prince
I mean He was never slow in reminding her
But she could choose to nod physically but deny within
He saw beyond the curtains
He penetrated her thoughts
He offered goodness and a light yoke
She was sinking and drifting further
She reached out to His hand
Grab it and shouted for help
He pulled her hard, but she had to let go of the heaviness 
So she did... man it wasn't easy
Though she let go, she kept looking back
Thankful that the Prince was merciful 
and she didn't turn into a pillar of salt for looking back
Then it was a season of the unknown
Pretty scary, but He was all she could look to
She knew she laid beside quiet waters
Like a tree planted beside streams of living water
And He was near, always watching over her.
So it's not now again, when will it be?
She wishes it would just become clearer
Unless the Lord builds the house
The builder builds in vain
More than the watchmen wait for the morning
She will wait... for Him.

No comments: