Monday, October 18, 2010

Marvelous Monday

People tend to have Monday blues. But I was excited for work today.

I'm learning to take each step in life with God, instead of always thinking about tomorrow.

Yeah, God's made my Monday so awesome.

Spent this evening being a listener and encourager for two different sisters. Whaoed by God of how He multiplied my time, and even helped me to speak forth words in His Spirit.

I walked away both times claiming them victories in Jesus Name!

Couldn't help but sat in my car at 11pm shouting and worship praising God. Too powerful!

So, 2 days to my birthday. But since I made a bold prayer/wish last year, it's been so awesome. This year, my birthday prayer is even more powerful, and God has helped me to appreciate it, and showed it that it's more BLESSED TO GIVE than to receive.

Please see my birthday fundraiser at http://www.everydayhero.com.au/hero_pages/view_posts/shannon24bday :

Looking Out

I'm turning 24 in 2 days! Every year, I'd be receiving many gifts and cards on this day.

I have been thinking doing this for the past year now and was hoping that this year, instead of having my birthday be all about myself, I'd like to do something much more meaningful.

So I was hoping to be bold enough to make this request. Please instead of giving me gifts this year, why not be a part of helping me fund raise for children affected by poverty?

Having reflected on my life in the past 24 years, I have never really been in lack. I've had a great family, a great society upbringing and now a great God who has constantly blessed me both physically and spiritually in my life.

One of my heartbeats have been to be able to pass on these blessings in my life to those in need.

As much as I'd like to be out there in the mission field, I have not yet acquired resources and time to reach out into the community out there. So meanwhile, I'm going to start with the little I have, right here, to make this dream come true.

So my shout out here is happening! Hope you'll give generously to Compassion Australia for the work they are doing for the children living in poverty in many part of the world.

If you'd like, I'm hoping you'd donate $24 since I'm turning 24.. but if not, any amount is still going to make a difference!

A mustard seed is extremely small, but it grows into a HUGE TREE. So your little contribution will be able to bless many more as well. :)

Thank you!



No comments: