Saturday, October 2, 2010

Claiming the Media for God

I'm on a special journey with God. He's taking me on a magic carpet ride.

In the last 25 days, it has been more than just awesome. God has been showing me visions and even speaking into my heart.

I want to in this moment take some time here and thank both Atieno and Elysaa for being such great spiritual covenant friends and mentors in my life. Getting to know God more and more do bring about some difficulties from the world, but God who has been faithful in pursuing me has sent great angels like them to watch over my life.

The Pathway of Preparation

Over the past year God has been speaking to me more and more about cutting off from secular music. That is also why you realise I don't like to listen to the radio in my car while I drive. I think there is already a lot that the world is speaking to our minds in our day to day life. The last thing we really need are worldy songs that can resoud and stay in our heads for a long time.

The Holy Spirit has just been further convicted in discerning the times and trends arising. Something inside of me wants to be shut off from what the world or hollywood is telling me, but maybe I have not truly been addressing this issue.

Protection from God during times of Training

Today I watched a snippet of an extrememly long documentary that exposes what the enemy has been doing lately. As I was watching it, I felt that there was something not right within. Thank God for protecting me and letting me go to work instead of staying at home. And something in me knew that I had to get Atieno to watch this with me.

God is soverign and amazing. Atieno received a word from the Holy Spirit this morning to stop watching what the media shows. And... so when she came over to my house and watched the video for the first 4 minutes, she decided it was time to stop. The Spirit spoke to her. And then we spoke. And at that point, I knew why the Holy Spirit wanted me to get Atieno to watch this video with me. The thing is, the video talked so much about the enemy and his work, and even showed many things that can be deterimental or make us fearful.

Stop deciphering the enemy's lies

There's no need to know what the enemy is doing. Yes, we know the anti-Christ is coming, and he is mentioned in the Bible. But our role as a Child of Light is to remain in the Vine, be a tree planted by streams of living water, which yields its fruit in SEASON.

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
- Ps 1:1-3

We need to put on the armour of God, so that we may stand against the schemes of the enemy. Note how the Bible does not say 'determine the schemes of the enemy and use our own wisdom and understanding to fight them'. It says, TAKE YOUR STAND AGAINST, with the FULL AMOUR of God.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled aroud your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
- Eph 6:10-18

Have we got the belt of truth and the sword of the spirit well buckled and handled? If not, why not focus on that? There's so much more about God that we can know and grow in. We can never know enough of God.

I thank God for His protection in my life, and His protection of my inner being.

The ministry is there, but the ministry has to be an outflow of the wonderful relationship that we have with our magnificent God.

Let's Pray.. for the Saints

I pray for the media industry, and that men and women of God rising into fame will continue to be rooted in Christ and wait for the SEASON to come where God will allow you to bear fruit and prosper, with His strength. Let us not debate about what the enemy is doing, but instead, stand firm in God and take instructions from only our General Commander - God, the Holy Spirit.

Ah... that's all I really wanted to write for now...

I know there's a lot more, but I know God is saying, all that rest, put on hold till the SEASON comes for me to write them.

Have a great weekend guys! Me, I'm going to be on an exciting trip in Sydney with Atieno until Wednesday~~~!!

No comments: