Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Take Authority!

I was speaking to a sister who was going through a toughest time in her life.

It seemed as though all doors were closed and she had thoughts of giving up, and even spoke dejecting words and murmured about suicide. There I was at her house, and felt called to pray for the whole house. I was hoping there would be other brothers and sisters around to assist me, but God reminded me it was Him in me, not man! It will definitely be good to have bros and sisters around.. but in times where it's just you alone, believe it, God can do amazing things too!

So, I prayed against any spirit that was causing stress, depression or suicidal thoughts upon her and asked for the Holy Spirit to fill her house, her room and her being.

That was just my simple faith and I believe God opening the door for me to understand more of Him and also allowing me to see what He was going to do in the next few days.

Day 2, she emailed me saying how ultimately depressed she was and wanted to see me after work. I rushed to her place again and we had a long talk and tried to find both practical and spiritual solutions for her case. I was amazed because God had given me words to speak and courage to command. And I never was so firm yet able to minister through gentleness and authority. It was definitely the Holy Spirit!

Anyway, at night when I sent her home, she suddenly mentioned that my prayers the night before worked. For in such a long time, she hadn't been able to sleep due to the endless worries and troubles she had. But that night, she slept so well.

It was awesome.

Day 3 - I visited her again, and she said she was so encouraged and inspired after speaking to one sister who helped her in her work. She then told me how awesome God has been in her life, and she actually slept till 11am that day.

I'm still following up on her but I can see that God has used this situation to teach me how to show sincere love, and love with His love. God helped me to see things and people that matter to Him. And also showed me His intention when He wants to bring someone closer to Himself. Yes, and ALL GLORY TO GOD!!

We all have the authority to command the enemy to LEAVE and GO AWAY. We ALL have the authority in Christ Jesus. It's not just for people who are pastors, leaders or called in the deliverance ministry. Jesus said to His disciples, "...In my name they will drive out demons..." (Mark 16:17b)

Children of God, soldiers of Light - TAKE AUTHORITY!

Yeah... right after that incident, I read Jaeson Ma's blog which he personally experienced a similar incident, his friend wanting to commit suicide... I'll post it here for you to read:

Sometimes you just never know when someone may really try to take their own life. At 4:30AM I received a blackberry messenger message from a friend in Asia that was cutting herself. Not only this, but she was hearing multiple voices in her head telling her take her life. She got to the point where I had to call her, when I did, she was crying hysterically and screaming over the phone in desperation. I immediately realized this was more than just a mental breakdown, but this was spiritual warfare. I began to pray for her and bound every evil spirit attacking her mind in the name of Jesus Christ.

The Bible makes it clear that as a believer we have power to bind and loose. We have the power to cast out demons (Mark 16:15-18) and to heal the sick body, soul and spirit. It got pretty intense, but I began to pray out loud and I bound the voices speaking to her, she began to tell me that she felt something, a presence choking her and she could barley breathe. That is when I prayed and commanded whatever was tormenting her to come out in Jesus name…. read more here.

It was a lesson for me. And I learnt a lot through this incident.. and am still learning.

God has been really humbling me and taking me on a journey... and at altar call at Church on Sunday, I received prayer and a vision from a leader who spoke exactly what God was doing in my life.

I'm so encouraged and blessed... At the start of this year, I placed the vision God gave me for the year on Facebook... this is what it says, "Embracing the treasures of 2010. Yes... Treasures hidden below hard soil... :) Faith, Hope, Love - LIVE and RUN!"

The vision was a portion of what I'm doing through as I'm getting to the treasure below... too much to share here, but I'd love to share with you if you asked me! :)

Thanks for reading... and may this post bless your heart!

Take authority:

Pray - draw close
Command - see deliverance and healing

Here I am again...
Laying it down... surrendering...
If it'll happen as you show, then I will wait...
At least I'm blessed for who I am... that I can wait. :)

No comments: