Monday, March 17, 2008

A song I wrote

Being tested heaps in this current situation
Looking to my right and left there is no solution
Looking in my heart I see the seed of sin
Feeling His Spirit grieve and groan for me within

Lord tell me why you put me here
I'll learn to hear your voice
Ahead great purpose you have for sure
And I respect your choice

I see the place I'm being put at
Obstacles one after another
But surely you see the end I know that
These things won't be a bother

This time I see again your heart
You want to teach me fresh from start
The way to live and to set apart
My life for you deep from my heart

Lord help me hold me in your hands
As you go ahead of me in your plans
Your word a lamp unto my feet
You light up my path that's all I need

You tug deep in my heart and tell me what to do
If I don't hear you the first time you give me step 2
You bring a great brother and sister to my doorstep
And with love they bring your message that helps me end my rap

Lord I thank you for your smile that is high up above me
Lord I love you for the path that you've place for where I'll be
Going day by day as I grow into your tree
And I know you will open up dead ends like you did to the red sea

No comments: