Monday, February 21, 2011

Faith Affirming God

Alignment with the Holy Spirit

Remember how I was speaking about God leading me to another chapter in my life - A Year of Faith. It's amazing cuz yesterday, Ps Wenan was preaching at Church, and he shared the vision he had for the church this year! Radical multiplication - Multiplying Faith in our Lives.

Look! It's almost the same as what God has placed in my heart! That's the Holy Spirit at work!!!

The year has begun with many uncertanties and promises. It wasn't a blink of an eye that made it almost the end of February. Somehow, to many ones, claims have been made that the year is already dashing across. But for me, it felt like every moment lived.

It's been long. Especially January. I dont deny that, indeed, the year has began to speed up, and I am excited to know what's coming.

My Reflections - Might Sound Greek To You

Lately, I have been doing a lot of self reflection with regard to certain things. I know there are some fears within I have to address. I'm trying to figure out certain things, and for some reason, I know God's placing me in situations that make me address these issues.

Have I really let my past go fully? I might have, but have I allowed the fears of history mould my character?
I know a lot of bombs have been flying my way. Tell you the truth, I wish I could answer y'all.

Looking to who I was at the beginning of last year, I might have changed for the better. But I guess God's not done with me. It's a lesson of vulnerability. I'm taking each step, by faith, not knowing how I will react to upcoming situations, but trusting God will give me the wisdom and the guidance to be who I really am - the Shannon God created - wise river filled with the Grace of God.

Did you know that is actually what Shannon means? You can doubt, but I'm claiming that blessing in Jesus Name!

I didn't know... but my new life, God's intended for something I didn't even know...

Like I said in my previous entry... In due time, I'll have a story to tell.
But the story doesn't just come like that.
I have to live and survive to tell the story.
And God will keep me going...
Sometimes, I feel like I'm struggling..
I'm battling..
Pray for me.
It's not easy, when I feel like I'm walking alone.. but truth is I'm not.
There's God.
And there are my friends, you guys.
And... though some of my dearest have left, I know they're keeping me in prayers..
Day and night I think of them...
How am I to let go?
I don't know...

God's funny... He gives me such great friends. But then again, to take them all over the world, to places where I can't be right now...

But one thing I know... all these are for a great purpose to come. Because when the purpose comes to fulfilment, I'll be seeing them so much more again, and right now, I'm not talking about heaven. Heaven is the eternity, but before that... God has a great purpose.

Ok.. enough of Greek that seems to confuse most..

Now my life in general?

As for my life now (not that what I wrote above isn't), I've been embarking on my first mini film for Church... pray for me... filming is complete, now it's the editing that's giving me a headache.
God provided me a great new tool as well...! My brother gave me a marvelous SLR camera, that can film awesome movies..
Now, what do you say, when God constantly smacks encouragement in your face?

And beyond that... my God who provides endlessly... provided 99% of the props needed in the film, which didn't cost me a single cent.

God's amazing.... and amazing! Actually, I feel like I'm kinda addicted to these faith journeys..

One thing I realise... each time I feel depressed, discouraged or down, I come to this blog, and am reminded of the endless goodness of God in my life... this blog, to feed His sheep... has in return, fed me the most. :)

Goodnight. :)

No comments: