Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy 2009

Past is the word of 2008 yet ahead awaits the fresh new breeze of 2009.

It somewhat pins down to what I could call, sampling the air of 2009, which seems to lure me into...

Wahaha.. iight, I won't go on in my inspirational mode for I might lose everyone's attention.

I guess 2008 had been a great year, with me getting to know more of God's vision for me and also a season of pruning that the Gardener had been bringing me through. A season of rising up to take His calling and a season of humbling within to receive His directions.

I thank God so much for His faithfulness even as I looked back and reviewed the new year resolutions I set prayerfully with Him, and to see everything come to pass has been one great blessing.

During Watchnight @ James' house, we were told to eat write a blessing the Lord has poured forth in our lives in the year of 2008, and it struck all of us to admit that we couldn't possibly write just 'one blessing'. So taking the highlight, I wrote the greatest blessing I received - that my mother came to know Jesus Christ.

It's been cool to always look back and see how God fulfilled His promises and how I could have trusted Him more.

In July, Mom came to Brisbane to attend my graduation and during the trip, God spoke to me up at Mount Glorious that she was going to come to know Him during the holiday in Brisbane. Everyday I prayed really hard, trusting God for this promise to come to. My heart never failed to give an extra thud during the altar call for the Sinners Prayer, hoping that my Mom would respond to the call. However, till the last Sunday service, Mom still didn't accept Christ.

I began to cry out... Was it me that wanted Mom to be saved that much that I began to think words in my mind and made them God's words? I began to doubt and decided that maybe God would move in His own timing.. maybe not during this trip.

But as Mom and I headed to the airport as were heading back to Singapore, just five minutes before we entered the departure hall, Mom accepted Christ.

It was overwhelming... but then I hated myself for doubting, but through that I was glad I heard God's voice, and it was truly His voice that I heard... Now Mom has been growing strong in her faith back in Singapore and I believe for greater things to come... The salvation of my other family members and relatives.

As I plan once again prayerfully for the new year, may God guide me.. and YOU as we come to see His promises fulfilled.

Praise God and Happy New Year to all of you!

No comments: